Sunday 25 October 2015

From Sketch to Ink

Today I have been working on a new book for The Coloring Project.
I am only contributing 5 designs to this book, but I am really happy to be a part of it.
The book will be used by therapists to change thinking patterns.

I had several words and phrases to choose from which would form the basis of my drawings.
The first on I chose was;
'All Bodies are Beautiful'.

My daughter is currently struggling with this concept (at age 16).
And I have had my own struggles accepting my figure.

So I felt inspired by this phrase.

Today I managed to complete the sketch and the inked design (which will be shrunk slightly and have a border around it for the book).
To create this page I looked at photos of all kinds of bodies including androgynous, busty and curvy.
I look forward to seeing this in the book with all the other great thought changing designs.

Jennidee

3 comments: